My two favorite People in the world

My two favorite People in the world
This is why I get up everyday

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Birthday's Birthday's Birthday's

We had three "YES THREE" birthdays all with in two weeks of one another. Holy cake'ola! This year was very different when it came to my son's birthday. First of all Boyce turned 9 this year. Instead of a party he asked to have friends over for a sleep over. Then the next day he wanted his friends and he to all go to the new movie that came out Diary of a Whimpy Kid. So I have to say, I was not looking forward to a house full of boy's (that were not mine) staying the night in my house. However I was surprised at how well they all did. They had all so much fun having Bakugon Battles, playing DS games, the Wii, and of course playing w/ some of the Bionical's. They were so good! Oh yeah, my son doesnt like cake so he asked for pie...Apple & Cherry!

My daughters party was still of "traditional" sort. Of course it had to be very girly....pink & purple w/ all princess stuff. Same as last year hummmm. Anyway this year I opted out of having her party at our house. I decided to take the girls to a ceramic painting place in town. They had a great time. I thought ok, how easy will this be...I will just bake the cake, cupcakes & assemble the goodie bags as well as crate the cupcake toppers...easy right?


The girls were so different this year as opposed to last year, even with several less little princesses running around this year. They all had a great time, but the high pitched screaming in a public place, ugh. I was so embarrassed as I had not planned on that part. My little 5 year old princess doesn't scram so when a few other girls started, I had to put on my mommy voice and remind them "princesses don't scream loudly in a public place"....a few times over. Anyway the two hours with a room full of girls seemed to be so much more stressful that a 24 hour period w/ a group of 9 & 10 year old boy's. Imaging that. Is this what the future holds for me?

All in all our three birthdays were a hit, a learning lesson but a hit! Ohh, did I mention that I received a beautiful yummy cake in the mail this year from my step-mom and dad. My step mom decided to have a cake mailed to me so I didn't have to bake a cake for myself this year (more for the enjoyment of my kiddo's)....how stinking cool was that?!? The cake came from Bake Me A Wish, and it was amazing. All natural ingredients too!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're an amazing mommy! I loved all of the things you baked! And your v-day looked like a huge hit as well! When I grow up and have littles, I hope I can be just like you!

    ReplyDelete