My two favorite People in the world

My two favorite People in the world
This is why I get up everyday

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baseball and Blankets

Ok, so I am a girl from Idaho. I have seen my fair share of sun which I LOVE. Anyway my son had his first Little League game of the season last night. We were both super excited. That was until after we were at the field for about ohhh 5 minutes.
It was a pretty nice day here in the Seattle area, no rain w/ some sun coming down on us. Just a light jacket kind of day. Until we get to the baseball field where the wind was blowing up from the water. We just happened to be situated on top of what I could guess is the windiest hill in the area (ok at least it felt like it last night).
We get there, all our gear in hand. I had to do the typical mom's run through of the list of gear before we left the house at least 2x, in the car one last time...as well as make sure I had dinner for my daughter and our chairs all packed.
Kids had jackets on and I had my jacket in the car from earlier in the day when I went to work. I think we are all set! We piled out of the car and oh my gosh! The wind was blowing so hard. WE FROZE the entire game.
The funniest thing was, is that the boys playing and the parents complained of the cold. The little sisters that were just playing in the grass in light jackets, some in dresses, others like mine is jean's never once complained of the cold breeze....hummm.
Once the game was finished we ran to the car and there was no chit chatting after the game by any of the adults, which I found refreshing since I had to get kids home for a warm shower, finish our homework, read, and of course a snack for my little ball player who ran his heart off.
Did I mention how great he played....oh my gosh. I know we all think our children are superstars, but my son did SOOOO great at his first game. He had some really great hits. Great running and even scored a run. How great is that. I would post all this great video if only I had my video camera with me...but it was at home in the closet. I don't think it would have even worked as cold as it was anyway. Ohhh how I love baseball. I just love it even more when I am applying sunscreen to my little ones noses because the sun is so strong. Baseball in Seattle is not the same as when I was growing up....guess that is why we have a roof that closes over the top of our Baseball stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment